Monday, August 4, 2008

In-flight calls may be banned forever

A U.S. House of Representatives committee has proposed that in-flight cell phone calls be permanently banned. The Hang Up Act would enforce the already Federal Aviation Administration ban on cell phone calls in flight for good.

The bill was supposedly proposed because of a poll that was taken asking the public how they felt on this matter. The poll found that 63% of its respondents were in opposition to passengers talking on their cell phones during crowded flights. And with passenger satisfaction being where it is today, extremely low, allowing in-flight calls could be a potential disaster.

However passengers would still be able to use WiFi and send text messages during their flight.
I think the ban is the right way to go. I mean the thought of babies crying, people coughing, and folks talking exceptionally loud on a flight I am on makes me cringe. I think I’d rather ride a bus. Okay, maybe not a bus, maybe I’ll just drive. I mean the extra time and money I’d spend on gas may just be worth it.

So I completely agree, leave the chatting on the ground.

No comments: